Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2012 Vault basic Styles Update Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tahdesign1
251 Views, 2 Replies

IV2012 Vault basic Styles Update Issue

I am having an issue updating my Styles Library (IDW).
We are still using the free vault (upgrading soon). So in order to protect my standards (Templates, Styles, etc) I have a dumby vault users named Library.
I develop all of the standards on my machine logged into the Vault as Library. I then keep all this content checked out to Library on my machine.
All the styles and templates are then "Gotten" down to all the workstations as "read only" due to the fact that they are checked out.
Also our single vault project that is used is set to read only for the styles.
I have a separate project file that I make current when I am doing any styles work that is set to read-write. So since the styles are checked out to Library on my machine, I am logged into the vault as Library when I am doding the work, I should be able to update the styles as needed.

However, I seem to be having an issue with that now. For some reason, when I make a change to the local styles and the try to push that to the active standard is say they are read only. See the image attached. This has always worked for me but now I can not figure out what may have changed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
r.smith1
in reply to: tahdesign1

Hi tahdesign

Have you tried to check out the entire folder, make the change on the few files you need to modify, then check the entire folder back in (relaxing the design file restriction)?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
tahdesign1
in reply to: r.smith1

The whole directory stays checked out to be, or shall I say to the user "Library" and I am logged into the Vault as "Library" in both the Vault client AND the Inventor add-in. This has always worked before so I am not sure what may have change. So I found a mthod that worked but am not sure why I had to go to these lengths this time (never had before).

• Go to the Vault an undo the check out of all the Styles files.
  • Go to Window Explorer to the actual local directory of the styles and manualy change the folder/file attributes to not be read only.
  • Go into Inventor and make my styles changes locally in the IDW template and save to the Active Standard (which is also local in the single project Vault setup).
  • Now when you go to the Vault you can see that some of the styles files have a green icon stating that there are local changes however I did not seem to have the ability to check them in to update them to the local version (greyed out).
  • So I deleted all the styles files in the vault and then manually put the local versions back in there with them checked out to Library.
  • Now I just have to  vist each workstation to "Get" these to the local work space

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report