Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2009, moving files and folders in Vault.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
pkquat
145 Views, 0 Replies

IV2009, moving files and folders in Vault.

It appears that Vault now updates everything a file or folder touches if it is moved or a folder renamed. In some cases this is nice to have now so Inventor can find files better. The problem is it makes fixing any mistakes about file locations or folder names a complete and utter nightmare. In the past for ~90% of the case this fixes could be done and Inventor didn't require any updating of assemblies.

Is there anyway to turn this off, or bypass it until the move or renaming process is complete, or turn it off completely. If it Involves registry settings and in depth modifications, I am all for it at this time.

In another I case I would like to move the entire contents of a folder to a newly created sub folder, but I can't because there are some custom iParts in the folder. The parents for these iParts are in a Library. I could understand not moving the parents, but why the children can't be moved is beyond me.

Is there any way to fix this?

Pete
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report