Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item update visualization error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fritz.vanlingen
315 Views, 3 Replies

Item update visualization error

Hi Vault users,

I get an error message when trying to update an item to show the "Approved" stamp .

I says: "Visualization file cannot be created fro this drawing due to vault restrictions.

The restriction says: Unknown error during publish.

Is it looking for a rendering file that is missing?

Frits van Lingen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: fritz.vanlingen

Hello,

What version of Vault is this?  I've seen it several times in Vault Pro 2015 and have not been able to figure out what is causing it.  The only fix I have found is to open the CAD file and check it back if from the CAD application, thus creating a new visualization file.  I do not use Job Processor, so I'm not sure how that would factor in.

Message 3 of 4
fritz.vanlingen
in reply to: cbenner

Hi

I am using Vault 2013. I cannot checkout drawings without creating an ECO, so that wuld be extremely difficult.I am gatting the error message with every item I am trying to update, not just one drawing in particular.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: fritz.vanlingen

Sometimes, deleting the visualization file from the Project Explorer will clear whatever the error is on that file, allowing you to update.  The fact that this is happening with all of your files tells me something else might be going on.  You may want to escalate this to a tech support case.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums