Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Quantity - Vault Professional 2013

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
psaarloos
670 Views, 0 Replies

Item Quantity - Vault Professional 2013

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the Quantity field in the Item BOM in Vault Professional 2013. I attached two screenshots to illustrate my question.

Screenshot 1 (Inventor Assembly BOM)

In this screenshot you see an assembly document which contains a Content Center family member of a 'Structural Shape', In the assembly BOM you can see there are two columns, 'QTY' and 'Item QTY'. The QTY column shows the length of the Content Center part. This is because the 'Base Unit' setting in the Document Settings of the standard Content Center family templates are set to 'mm' instead of 'each'. The 'Item QTY' column shows the number of times the part is used in the assembly.

Screenshot 2 (Vault Item BOM)

In this screenshot you can see the Item BOM which is created from the document of the previous screenshot. The Item BOM row is showing a quantity of 100, which corresponds with the 'QTY' value of the assembly BOM.

Question:

- What should I change in the Vault configuration to have the 'Item QTY' value 'mapped' to the 'Quantity' value in the Item BOM in Vault?

- If it's not possible to change this in the configuration; would it be wise to replace all family templates in the Content Center (Structural Shapes) with templates where the 'Base Unit' property has been set to 'each' instead of 'mm'? (after copying all the structural shapes to my own Content Center Library). Or could this result in bad behaviour of structural shapes in assemblies? Or when using Frame Generator?

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
Tags (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report