Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Number already in use PS 2009

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rsmabery
750 Views, 5 Replies

Item Number already in use PS 2009

While itemizing an assembly, PS 2009 itemized an assembly as 100106.  This typically happens when another item with that number already exists.

I cannot find any reference to an Item with the number that it should be, in this case PREMG-PLDM10232-01000.

I have searched the Number property (with Find Latest Versions only option unchecked) and cannot find anything.  I have searched other properties such as file name, part number in hopes to find a connection.  I have searched all items that have a 10232 in them and looked at earlier Item releases to see if I can find one that got renamed.

If I try to manually Change Item Number to what it should be, I get an error with the Restriction "The entered item number is already in use.".

I have read other posts about this but none have provided a solution for me.  How can I find the offending item (if it exists or how can I resolve this?  Is it possible to export all items along with their history in order to search?

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2009 SP2  (Soon to be 2011)

Autodesk Productstream 2009  (Soon to be Vault Pro 2011)

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional

Intel i5 3.2GHz

7GB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Windows 7

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mollons
in reply to: rsmabery

What might be happening is that the item number was used at some point in the past, but that item has since been renamed.

If you log a support case Product Support should have tool to help you figure out how to get this item number back.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 6
rsmabery
in reply to: mollons

Thanks Scott.  I just logged a support case about 30 mins ago.

I appreciate your reply.

Randy

Message 4 of 6
spascual

Please, more open news about this issue and vault 2010, and 2011 verions

Message 5 of 6
spascual
in reply to: mollons

Please, more open news about this issue and vault 2010, and 2011 versions

Message 6 of 6
spascual

Please rsmabery, could you send me a mail??

tom@spascual.com

regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report