Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item and File association questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
272 Views, 2 Replies

Item and File association questions

I have two questions. Let's say I have an item in the Item Master that was added manually (because I didn't have an Inventor model of it). Then later, I model the part, add it to the vault, then assign an item. The file number and the item number are the same. I would expect the item in the Item Master to be replaced, but it's not. The new item is assigned a new number and added to the Item Master. Is there a way to replace the item that was already in the Item Master?
Second question. If I add the part to the vault, then go to the previously existing item in the Item Master and attach this file from the Vault to the item, I see the file as an attachment to the item. But when I go to the file in Vault Explorer, it doesn't show the file as having an item assigned to it. Is there a way to fix this? Did I do it the correct way?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Gene.R
in reply to: Anonymous

Question 1.
For Items that have been created ahead of the File you can Select Replacement Item on the 2nd screen (Find Duplicates) of the Assign Item Wizard. See the attached.

Question 2.
Item Icons only show up for files that have an Assigned Item and does not show up for files that are attachments. Bill of Materials and Where used do not work for attachments either.

Gene

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the quick answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report