Vault General Discussion

Contributor
stephen.plant
Message 1 of 1 (115 Views)

Issues With Mapped Properties

115 Views, 0 Replies
02-21-2012 03:19 AM

Hello All,

There seems to be a number of posts similar to my issue, but none that are a direct match.

So let me begin -

I have a development server that I am currently performing a Proof of Concept for one of our business units for the implementation of Vault Pro 2012.

I have a lifecycle -

DRAFT - PENDING VERIFICATION - PENDING APPROVAL - RELEASED

Lifecycle.JPG

Each State change has an action to 'Synchronise properties and update view using Job Server' -

Transition Action.JPG

I have UDPs that map from Vault to both my IDWs and DWGs with no issue.

However, I utilise the 'State (Historical)' property to populate a Drawing State property to indiacte the Lifecycle State -

State Historical Mapping.JPG

For IDWs this process works very well, when a IDW is added to Vault and the properties set, the Drawing State is populated with DRAFT. Also, when a document is transitioned from DRAFT to PENDING VERIFICATION my Job Server updates my properties and creates a DWF.

However, for my DWGs this is not the case. When a new DWG is added to Vault the Document State is populated with DRAFT. But, when transitioned from DRAFT to PENDING VERIFICATION though the Document State is not updated and I also do not get an updated view. I also have this Non Compliant error -

Equivalence Error.JPG

I can 'Check Out' the DWG and perform an Update Properties but am concerned that it is not functioning for DWGs as it does for IDWs.

Am I missing a glaring mistake?

All help appreciated.

Regards

Stephen

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.