Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with .dwf creation on file check-in with Vault 2009

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
justin.erp
419 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with .dwf creation on file check-in with Vault 2009

I'm having issues with creating .dwf files when I check in files to Vault 2009.  As far as I can tell, I have all of the correct settings checked in order for these files to be created.

Thanks for the help!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mthomas
in reply to: justin.erp

Can you create DWF files manually from the CAD application? This is usually the first thing to check with DWF issues.

Is TrueView installed? and if so can you generate DWF from your CAD files using it?

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 5
justin.erp
in reply to: mthomas

I am able to create .DWF files by completing a "Save As" while in Inventor & True View is also installed.

Message 4 of 5
mthomas
in reply to: justin.erp

What happens if you click the Update button looking at a file within the Vault Client?

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 5 of 5
justin.erp
in reply to: mthomas

So I started with a fresh install of both Inventor & the Vault on a different PC.  With the new installtion I am now able to create .DWF files when I'm checking files into the Vault.  My next step is to duplicate the fresh install process on my PC since there must be some setting that is causing it to not create the files.

Thank you for taking the time to try to help out, I appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report