Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue trying to clear a user-defined property value in Vault Prof 2014

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
648 Views, 1 Reply

Issue trying to clear a user-defined property value in Vault Prof 2014

I inadvertently assigned a user defined property called “Drawing Type” to an ipt file.

I am unable to delete the property value, even though it should only be enforced with idw or dwg file catagory.

This user defined property is set to only be enforced with idw or dwg files yet, after adding a value to an ipt model catagory I am unable to remove the property value without it leaving a Non-compliance flag . See attached for a series of screen shots describing the issue.

My hope is to find a way to clear this value without leaving the resulting Non-compliant policy warning symbol.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

I dunno if you've cleared this up already.

I totally see the problem, once you've assigned the property to that file it's practically impossibe to clear it off and remove the non-compliance if you leave the property value as blank.

The problem is due to the property requiring a value globally.  In your property (Tools > Administration > Vault Settings > Behaviours > Properties), edit it, on the left hand side you'll see 'Property Values' and on the right hand side you'll see 'Category Values'.  

Change the 'Requires Value' to FALSE for Property Values, but then change it to TRUE in the Category Values.  Following this, it'll only flag for non-compliances on the categories assigned to the property.

Warning though, doing the above will execute and kick off a global Vault property compliance check which canes the Vault for a good couple of hours depending on size whilst it verifies all properties.  That's what happens when you see the little stopwatch symbol against all the files.  So if you're in a busy office, do this at the end of the day when people are going home.

Once you've changed the above setting, check the IPT out then back in.  This will immediately clear the non-compliance on that individual file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report