Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO 9000 document control

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cstringer80
631 Views, 3 Replies

ISO 9000 document control

Are there any ISO 9000 companies using Vault in their document control process?

We recently moved from AutoCAD to Inventor and are looking for revised document control procedures that work better with an Inventor workflow.

Anyone have any sudgestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tmoney2007
in reply to: cstringer80

That's a big big question.  I work for an ISO company that is implementing vault.  What are some of your procedures that are enabled by AutoCAD right now?

Maybe I can help you figure out how it might work if I have some examples.

Message 3 of 4
cstringer80

Our ACAD process was, we would print the dwg and a sign off sheet and save a copy to a "working" directory on a company network.  It gets approved, signed and hardcopies go to documentation.  We had lisp routines so the ladies in doc. Would open the working copy, run the command that would fill in signature blocks and copy the file to an "Approved" folder that was locked.

This is hard with inventor.  Exporting every drawing to ACAD just for documentation process is time consuming.  We've toyed with opening inventor dwgs in ACAD, but having more than one sheet in one file doesn't work with the current lisps and blocks they use (one file for one drawing would be time consuming in inventor)  I've worked at other places where it was all hardcopies and pdfs when it left engineering  we've thought about that too.  Currently we've been filling in the signature blocks in engineering and generate pdfs, but that doesn't fit with our written procedures.

We're well aware something is going to change, either rewrite lisps, or the procedure, or train doc dept on inventor, but we're just trying to figure out the best way before we lock ourselves into something.  So, I was just curious what other places with an inventor workflow were doing to get some ideas.

Message 4 of 4
tmoney2007

You can set up user defined properties for "Checked By" "Approved By" and any other records you require. If you set the Update Properties process to happen at your release lifecycle, the job processor will update the properties on the model file and the drawing/visualization.  

If your log-ins are unique to the user, the traceability of who updated those properties provided by vault should be sufficient to be compliant with ISO 9000. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report