Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart child location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MarkusMohr5941
248 Views, 2 Replies

iPart child location

I'm using IV 2014 & Vault 2014 Basic

I have an iPart factory which saves its children in the root of the vault. How do I fix the factory to point it to another location?

Somehow related: IMO it's a major PITA that iPart childs can't be moved. I now have lots of iparts in the vault root which are entangled with assemblies all over the place. Purging all those is another PITA and would probably take several days to fix. The lack of this feature alone is making me think about buying an other PDM.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WillTanner
in reply to: MarkusMohr5941

Hello,

how did you manage to save the children in the root at all?

I think if you have configured your project file properly (project file in the root of the Vault and there is no other project file in the whole Vault) it should never happen that any Inventor file is saved to the root of the Vault.

How did you configure your project file?

Also: why do you not just move the iparts?

By the way: the good thing about Vault Basic is that it is a free product Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
MarkusMohr5941
in reply to: WillTanner

Hi,

I don't know how it happened but I'd like to know how to fix it.

There is only one project file. What option do you think has t be configured?

You cannot move iparts. Try it. If that was possible I wouldn't have posted.

Even if it is free it has to work. And it is only free in so far as I get it in a package for which I've paid a considerable amount of money.

I also get the steering wheel for free when I buy a car.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report