Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVFilter.dll Vault 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bgarden
321 Views, 3 Replies

INVFilter.dll Vault 2014

Does anyone know what happened to the INVFilter.dll for Vault 2014?  It used to be the case that if Vault stopped extracting properties from Inventor files you could reregister the INVFilter.dll and all would be well, however this file does not seem to exist anymore.   Has it been renamed, and if so to what?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: bgarden

Hi,

This DLL is not used anymore and it is been replaced with various other files. But you do not need to register them. However can I know the reason for asking? Do you see any issue with the Property extraction for Inventor Files?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 4
bgarden
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

A user was experiencing the case where properties and thumbnails were not extracting from Inventor files when checked into the Vault.  All previously checked in files were still showing thumbnails and properties.  This used to be a fairly common issue where all that was required was reregistering the INVFilter.dll.  Now this has been changed and we cannot seem to get an answer on the new names of the filters or what the new solution is for this issue the user has resorted to reinstalling their entire OS and is now up and running.   Just seemed a bit excessive is all...

Message 4 of 4
JULIAARREDASRL
in reply to: bgarden

This file (INVFilter.dll) does'nt exist in Vault Collaboration 2013 too.

So I can't use "Full file content search" with Inventor files... (I've checked it and "content search" works correctly only with dwg files).

This mean that if I can't manually associate file properties to Inventor files I can't retrieve most of my designs in the Vault !!

So the Vault  becomes more less useful!

Look at this case:

Think about an engineer in factory who must quickly retrieve and visualize an IDW design; he wants to search by a part-number (or part code).

The engineer uses the Vault web client and search about the part-number "HL0012345".

The DWF visualization file exist in the Vault.

The part-number is written in a table of part-numbers located inside the IDW file so it's not indexed within other common file-associated properties. (iParts tables works in a similar manner...)

In this case the engineer search fails.

I think full content search is not an "optional".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report