Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor or Vault Settings for Part Created By

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Edward_Lowe
510 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor or Vault Settings for Part Created By

Good Morning All,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  This morning I checked out a part created by a colleague, updated the Iproperties and then checked it back in.  Vault has now decided that the part was created by me.  I'd like to amend the setting either in Vault or Inventor 2014 to ensure the initals of the creator does not change.

While I'm asking the question I'd also like to know if there is a setting that recognises a copied design should be credited to the copier, not the copied from designer. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Regards,

Edward

Inventor 2014

Vault 2014

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Edward_Lowe

What property in Vault are you looking at that tells you that the file was created by you?  And can you show a screen shot of the property mapping for this property?

Message 3 of 6
Edward_Lowe

Iprops.jpg

Message 4 of 6
Edward_Lowe

Good Afternoon Chris,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  The office internet connection is sluggish and as a result I haven't been able to get onto the discussion board until now.

Hopefully the above makes sense.  Even though I updated the Iproperties I should not be credited with being the designer/creator of this part. 

IF you have any ideas on how to stop this from happening it would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Edward

Message 5 of 6
cbenner

I'm pretty sure the "Created By" that you are seeing refers to the Version in Vault, and not the file iproperty itself.  It does not get its value from the iproperties but rather from whomever checked the file in last.  If you want to view the value of the iproperty for who created the drawing file itself, you will probably need to create a User Defined Property and map it to the iproperty "Author" in an Inventor file.  Then you can simply add that column to your main viewing page and it will show you who created the CAD file.  Maybe call the UDP Author as well? 

Message 6 of 6
Edward_Lowe
in reply to: cbenner

Good Morning Chris,

I replaced 'Created by' with 'Author' in the vault fields. Problem solved. Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Edward

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report