Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT and Vault Pro

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
stapprich
1064 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor LT and Vault Pro

Hello,

I have a cusotmer that is trying to use Inventor LT and Vault but we are having issues with setting the local workspace. Currently, the work path is going to %userprofile%/Documents/Vault/Designs but the actual workspace for Vault should be C:/Vault_local/Designs.

I have noticed that I can not change the Inv LT work path unless I unload the EDM Vault add-in. However, after unloading the add-in, changing the work path and then reloading the EDM add-in...the work path will go right back to Documents/Designs.

Is there anyway to set the Vault workspace for Inventor LT to match the Vault meaning Inventor LT does not use a project file?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: stapprich

Hi,

Unfortunately the answer is NO. As mentioned in the Readme "When using Inventor LT with Vault, the user's workspace is hardcoded to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Vault\Designs and mapped to the root folder “$” in Vault. Workspace mapping cannot be changed. "

Thanks

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 9
stapprich

I appreciate the response. Can I share a concern?

If we are not able to change the workspace to match the proper file structure, then how does Autodesk recommend we use an add-in with a program that is built on file structure?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
jacoj

Hi

We are a multiple application company with different diciplines of cad applications with a set Vault Workgroup with a set folder structure, we recently bought 4 Inventor LT, only to find out its not compatible with our vault folder structure, why then the add in funtion, why hardcode something as simple as a vault add in.. doesnt make sense, and we would have bought 5 more seats, but is thinking twice now before commiting,

Message 5 of 9
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: jacoj

We understand your concern. I have forwarded this to the product management to take a look.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 6 of 9
ederieu
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

We are a machine manufacture, we have 13 seats of inventor pro for our designers. In the shop my builders need to access the iam files your invetor view does not work very well so I was looking into your Inventor lt the environment is perfect. I would buy at least 5 seat for the shop floor but the problem is I can not access the vault pro to access the files. Can this be done?   I need to access iam with the ipt and the idw from vault pro. Any Ideas?

please help

Ed

Message 7 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: ederieu

Inventor lt doesn't do assemblys

so you can't open up .iam files in inventor lt

you have to install the vault pro client add in for inventor lt which you get from the vault pro client install

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
stapprich
in reply to: ederieu

Yes, it sounds like you will want to use the Web Client thru Vault Pro....you should be able to tell the Web client to open the .iam with Design Review instead of Inventor View which may resolve the root issue. 

Message 9 of 9
ederieu
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report