Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor DWG property compliance

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1129 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor DWG property compliance

Hello,

I have been having some issues on some select Inventor DWG's where it doesn't seem like the UDP's are mapping correctly.  The attached images shows a non-compliant that is preventing us from releasing the files.  I have tried to force the compliant by syncing the properties or editing the property and even with both matching it still gives the compliance error.  

A couple other interesting things about these files is that when I open from Vault they want to open in AutoCAD where all our other inventor dwg's open with inventor.  

Also, I tried to re-index the file properties on the server and every one of these files we are having issues with shows and indexing error of 'The iFilter for this file extenion could not be loaded.'  and the file type is .dwg.

We can work with the files just fine except when we go to release them.  If they somehow got corrupt we will just have to remake them but there are quite a few, so I am hoping someone has seen this before and has a solution before we start waisting some time.

Thanks,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the response.  We are using vault and lifecycles to control the revisions.  The attachment shows how that rev number is mapped.  The odd thing is that is only for a handful of files and not all of our inventor dwg's.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 4 of 10
cbenner

It looks like you have a UDP, "Rev Number" mapped to the same property in Inventor.  When you bump revisions using lifecycle on files, it bumps the System property "Revision".  How is that property mapped?  Perhaps what you need to do is map "Revision" from Vault to File property "Rev Number" (in one direction), and then map the cad property "Rev Number" from file to Vault  property "Rev Number"(in the other direction).

That way a revision bump in Vault will push the new rev out to the CAD file  when you do "Get Revision" and "Update Properties", and then when it is checked in it should populate the Rev Number in Vault.

Should... big word... 

Good luck!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

We do have that UDP mapped back to the system Revision (I should have added this capure as well).  I also attached what our typical property field should look like.  We are mapping more properties than just the revision that aren't showing up at all either, the revision is just keeping us from releasing the files.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 6 of 10
cbenner

Ok, (bear in mind I do a LOT of trial and error when it comes to this stuff)... but I think your problem may be that you have both Revision, and Rev Number mapped FROM Vault TO the CAD property.  This creates a conflict, so Vault just does nothing.  I'd say change Rev Number's mapping so that it goes one way from CAD to Vault, and leave Revision as it is, going from Vault to CAD.  See if that makes a difference.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I switched the CAD to Vault to be unidirectional and reindexed the properties without any change.  I can't reproduce this with any new drawings, its only happening on select old ones.  I'm thinking this might be one for Autodesk.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Steve,

Did you ever happen to figure this out? we are having the issue.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Unfortunately we haven't got this issue sorted out.  I haven't had the time to bring this to Autodesk and at the moment it is not a pressing issue because the files affected are only a small percentage of our oldest drawings.  If I learn more I will be sure to post.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

We made some progress on this issue last week. What we found is these drawings had a old version template and for some reason it was not able to communicate with our current version of Vault.

You can either save these drawings as idws. Once they are converted to idw it reads all the user defined properties in Vault and does not give complience error.

Alternative you can use DWG true view to convert the drawing to later version. (see attached snapshot). Once converted to later version all the user defined properties are read in Vault.

Thanks

Bhavin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report