Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 DWG will not Check In to Vault due to "Unknown Server Error"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mthomas
1785 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2015 DWG will not Check In to Vault due to "Unknown Server Error"

We're encountering more and more Inventor drawings (dwg) that will not check into Vault Professional 2015 due to an Unknown Server Error.

The assemblies and all the components work as expected. The drawing checks out, we can make changes, save, just can't check in. We've encountered around 25 so far since we've moved to 2015. 

As a check, I deleted my local copy of the drawing and replaced it with a blank drawing created with Inventor's default drawing template. This errors on attempted check in leading me to believe it has something to do with Vault, not with Inventor.

I tried the suggestion from Cracking the Vault in removing all the Inventor drawing UDP's, but this only helped in a few of these drawings.... http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2013/07/problem-to-checkin-inventor-file-an-err...

I've logged it with Autodesk Tech Support [Case ID: 09636233] but so far they have not been able to reproduce the problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions on other things I can try?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: mthomas

I've not seen this on checking in files, but I have seen it on trying to update several visualizations.  Even after deleting the dwf in the file folder, I still cannot Update the visualizations.  Workaround is to check the file out, open it, and check it back in, generating a new DWF on check in... PITA!

Message 3 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mthomas

Mike

DId you hear anything back on this?   Experiencing the same issue.

Regards

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 6
ryan
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I experienced this problem with a customer back in 2014 and the solution here worked; http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/inventor-2014-dwg-will-not-check-in-to-vau...

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 5 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ryan

Ryan

Thanks for the info but that was the first thing I did.   Cleaning out the entire temp folders did nothing as well.   It’s odd!!!   Newly created Inventor drawings can be checked in but for the ones that already existing in Vault Pro 2015 they cannot once they are checked out.   If you disable the design file check in option within Vault you can use the client to check in the drawings without any problem.  Just not through Inventor.

Regards

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
tahdesign1
in reply to: ryan

Ryan,

I was having that same issue in the post your referred to but the solution would not work for me.

In reading through the post I found that someone had stated that the fix would not work on Server 2012 R2 (what I am on) since it was not a supported OS for Vault Pro 2014. However it is supported for 2015 so I moved my install up to that and all began to work.

Now I am worried that this is happen on 2015 as well.

So what Server OS are ya'll running that you are having this issue with

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report