Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 ~ Vault icon greyed out

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
fa-cadman
825 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2011 ~ Vault icon greyed out

I have been getting a re-occurring problem with my Vault icons within my Inventor 2011 session.  The vault icon, and the vault menus, are greyed out.  I went to add-ins and it is enabled, Vault works without a problem.

Once I get parts throught the Vault interface and begin to work on them, I get a message telling me that my Vault database is not open.  I still does not enable the Icons or Commands with in Inventor.

The last time I got this problem I was force to uninstall both Inventor and Vault.  The problem resolved itself once I re-installed both programs.  Is there a quicker fix for this?

I am up to date on the Service Packs for both Inventor 2011 & Vault 2011.

Please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: fa-cadman

Hi,

Is there any specific step that you did before getting into this situation? Also If you do not have any customization done on Inventor you can try a Repair install on Inventor before you go for uninstall and re-install.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 10
fa-cadman
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for the reply.

No.  I turned my computer off last night.  I turned it on this morning and there was the problem.

Message 4 of 10
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for the reply. Please try to do a Repair install on the Inventor and see if that resolves the issue.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
fa-cadman

I did a re-install and that didn't work.  The last time this happened I un-installed both programs then deleted the folders from my Profile and re-installed them fresh.

I also found out that we are having write error to the SQL server that is running our Vault.

Is that the problem?

Message 6 of 10
Senthil_Kumar

Are you able to work with Vault Explorer Client? Are you able to Add files, Check out files in Vault Explorer Client?

I am sorry that I couldn't get the exact issue of the SQL.

Could you please log a support case so that someone from Support team can take a look at your system?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
fa-cadman

The Vault Client works fine.  The problem is the Inventor communication from within the Inventor Session commands.

Message 8 of 10
Senthil_Kumar

I assume the current active Invneot project is Vault Project. Can you check that?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
fa-cadman

Yes it is.  I even deleted it from my local location and re-got it from Vault.  Then re-set it within my session.

I finally got it to reset but I had to uninstall the file, remove all of the inventor folders from my username under Doc' & Settings.  I did the re-install as an Admin and launched the program from Admin.  I set the project file as necessary and then started Inventor from there.  I had to start the add-ins window and manually add the Inventor Vault module.  Once that was done, I was able to login as myself and it worked.

Unfortunately until that point, the add-in feature was started and enabled and the Vault icon was greyed out no matter what I did.

This has hapened a few times so far.  Any ideas?

Message 10 of 10
Senthil_Kumar

I am sorry that I really do not have any idea on why this is happening. I haven't seen or heard this before. I hope it will not happen again. If it happens please log a support case so that some one from Support team can take a look at your system.

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report