Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between Revit 2012 and Vault Pro 2012

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
james.gordon
571 Views, 6 Replies

Integration between Revit 2012 and Vault Pro 2012

I've been having some problems trying to setup a Workshared Revit Central File to work correctly with Vault Pro 2012.

Our setup at this time is a single Revit Central File (Workshared) based on a network location. This has been set up with several Worksets to test the setup. I've followed the procedure defined within the WikiHelp (http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0005-General_5/0121-Vault_Ad121/0155-Add-in_-155/01...) relating to setting up a Share Path within the folder that I want the file to reside within Vault. I've set this to match the 'Central Model Location' within the Sync with Central dialogue.

With all of this set up; when I open the Central FIle and 'Add File' within the Vault ribbon, it allows me to add the file to Vault, but it doesn't automatically pick up the folder location; almost as if its not seeing the 'Share Path' property within Vault. Consequently when I then create a new local copy of the central file, no new versions are uploaded to Vault when a Sync with Central command is run (the option is selected to upload within the Vault Options).

Has anybody got any ideas or experience resolving issues such as this?

Many thanks,

James

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AdamPeter
in reply to: james.gordon

Hi,

Are you using a share path or UNC name for the central file location?  The mapping is intended to be utilized when a sync to central occurs, not when using the "Add file" command.

Any screen captures would also be welcome.

Thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 3 of 7
james.gordon
in reply to: AdamPeter

Thanks for your response Adam,

I have tried with both the UNC and share path (mapped network drive location e.g.. P:/My Network location...). Neither seem to produce the desired effect.

Reading through the Wiki article linked to above, under the 'Configure Share Path' heading it states that Revit should be able to see the Vault folder to place the file into rather than just placing it in the root folder of Vault.

I'll try and get some screenshots of processes for you tomorrow, but would you be able to define the process that we should go through to get the sync with central command to generate a new version in Vault each time it is run?

Kind regards,

James

Message 4 of 7
james.gordon

As requested please find attached some screenshots of our setup.

If you require more specific screenshots then please let me know.

Thanks,

James

Message 5 of 7
AdamPeter

Is your Revit Testing folder under the root folder in Vault ($) or in a sub-folder?  I believe the  2012 integration only supported mapping to a folder directly under the root folder of Vault.

Thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 6 of 7
AdamPeter

I would also add that whatever mapping alias or network path that is inserted into the SharePath property must be the same path by which Revit accesses the central file.  

An example:  The central file is located at Novi123\Projects\CentralFile.rvt and X:\ = Novi123.  If the SharePath=X:\ and the Revit users browses to Novi123\Projects\ to open the file the add-in will not recognize the X:\ because it is looking for a value of Novi123\Projects.  

So you may have the share path listed correctly, but if you are not browsing in Revit through that method (for instance using your share path) Vault may not be recognizing it either.

Thanks,

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 7 of 7
james.gordon

Thanks for your input Adam.

I'm pleased to say that mapping to the a folder within the Root ($) folder worked successfully. Maybe this could be updated on the Wiki page - (http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0005-General_5/0121-Vault_Ad121/0155-Add-in_-155/01...) to make it clearer to users in the future.

Kind regards,

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report