Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Vault 2014 Professional server onto Windows Server 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
herbvegawt
386 Views, 6 Replies

Installing Vault 2014 Professional server onto Windows Server 2012

I'm trying to install  Vault 2015 Basic on SQL 2012 server. The problem I have is that the Installation is not recognizing the SQL server. If I create an AUTODESKVAULT instance, the installation requests to be removed because it is an unused database. I cannot add the sa account because it is already there (we have other databases installed). The installation goes through but installs the SQL 2008. How we can install Vault on the existing Database Engine?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: herbvegawt

did you follow the advanced config guide?

http://download.autodesk.com/us/vault/2014/2014_Advanced_Config_Guide-2014.pdf

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jesseck

If Darren's suggestion (following the guide) doesn't work another direction would be to install with the default SQL 2008 instance and upgrade to 2012 SQL.
Message 4 of 7
herbvegawt
in reply to: jesseck

Jesseck, I'm going to try to upgrade and I will get back to you with the results.

Thanks.

@jesseck wrote:
If Darren's suggestion (following the guide) doesn't work another direction would be to install with the default SQL 2008 instance and upgrade to 2012 SQL.

Message 5 of 7
herbvegawt
in reply to: jesseck

Is there a written procedure on how to upgrade the Vault database to SQL 2012 and install the software? Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
r.smith1

Hi Herb,

Please find the steps to install and upgrade SQL in the Advanced Configuration Guide

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
sfaz
in reply to: r.smith1

Windows Server 2012

SQL Standard 2012

Vault Basic Edition 2015

Following the advance configuration guide

The Error while trying to add the Vault database to SQL 2012: "the AUTODESKVAULT instance is not in use". The only way to continue is to delete the instance then installs the SQL 2008 espress, which is not what we want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report