Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Content Center Libraries after restore

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tahdesign1
437 Views, 4 Replies

Installing Content Center Libraries after restore

So I am restoring from Vault Basic 2012 to Vault Basic 2014.

In the backup that I used I did not include the Content Center Libraries because I want to install the 2014 ones.

So I am in the middle of installing the 2014 Libraries on the restored Vault but got an error with something about mastervault????

I acknowledge the error (was just presented an Ok button) and the install appears to be moving forward.

However it has been running for sometime and I am not sure of it is actually installing the libraries or just stuck. 

What is the proper procedure here when installing the library's on an existing ADMS with a Vault present?

Do you have to detach the Vault before you install the Libraries and then Re-Attach it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tahdesign1
in reply to: tahdesign1

OK I thought is was still taking a long time for the install so I moved the ADMS window around and found the error dialog still floating around behind it (see attached).

Once I acknowledged it again the install of the libraries says it successfully installed.

However, I am worried as to what that error was.

Message 3 of 5
tahdesign1

Dohhh ok they are not there.

Said that the install had completed successfully but when I go into ADMS there are no Libraries.

So I ahd, at first installed the 2014 Libaraies before I restored the 2012 backup.

But the 2012 backup wiped them out. I was told I needed to installed the 2014 Libraries after the restore but I must doing it wrong?

Message 4 of 5
tahdesign1

OK this turns out to be a thread all to myself. I googled the error and found threads and blogs about the error.

It appears that the restored 2012 Vault had the default Admin password chnaged to something other than the default which is blank.

Went into ADMS console and changed the Admin PW back to blank and seesm to be installing just fine now.

Not to self.....google the any specific error first to look for an already posted solution.

Message 5 of 5
Neil_Cross

Glad you got it sorted.  I tend to keep the CC libraries extracted onto an external HDD, then move them into the SQL instance folder following a Vault install and manually attach.  Usually much quicker that way as rarely does a company want each and every library available.

For anyone coming across this in the future, the automated installer of the CC libraries can usually be found in the Vault Server media at the following location:

\Content\LibraryContent

Run the file ContentLibrarySetup.exe

That folder also contains all the libraries zipped up, you can manually unzip them from there and attach them manually if you don't want to install every single library.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report