*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)
Accepted Solution

Initial Vault Version Released, not WIP

117 Views, 2 Replies
01-31-2013 04:32 AM

Hi,

I'm going through some of our previously vaulted projects and bringing the lifecycles up to date, and I noticed several files where the initial version in Vault is set as Released.  I didn't know this was even possible, I thought initial versions were always Work In Progress.  Since these are Released with no revision information on them, if I want to use the Vault Revision table (and I do), I have to delete them from Vault and revault them from the CAD file.  Not a big deal, it's only one or two,... but does anyone know what might cause this, so I can watch for it in the future?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Employee
luttena
Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: Initial Vault Version Released, not WIP

01-31-2013 06:11 AM in reply to: cbenner

Hello Chris,

There are a few ways that first version of the file can get into a released state. The first thing that comes to mind is that the lifecycle's default state is (or was) set to 'Released'. The default state can be any state you want. Is it possible that was the case?

There are also other utilities that are used by resellers that could have created this scenario. But the default state seems more likely.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Initial Vault Version Released, not WIP

01-31-2013 06:22 AM in reply to: luttena

Hmm,... that is highly possible, (probable).  It seems to be one group of files that were all vaulted around the same time period.  The current default is WIP, and all of my most recently vaulted files are just fine.

Thanks for the reply!

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.