Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Vault - is there a 'requires migration' field, or search criteria.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Nik_Barbour
470 Views, 6 Replies

In Vault - is there a 'requires migration' field, or search criteria.

Hi,

In Vault Collaboration 2012, is there a field column which can be added for grid display, or a search criteria which will display if files require migration.

I know you can r-click on a file in win explorer, r-click, pick iproperties, and on the details tab, you can see if migrate is required.

Capture1.JPG

Also, I know about customizing 'Design Assistant' to verify if files require migrating.

Capture2.JPG

I wondered if this could be done directly within Vault as a field column, or as a search criteria?

I've been unable to find a way to do it, and Google searching isn't turning up results.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: Nik_Barbour

This sounds like a job for a User Defined Property.  You can create a property in Vault that you can map to the property in Inventor, with the mapping direction going from File to Vault.  Then when you check in a file from Inventor, that property should reflect the state of that property in Inventor.  Once it's there you can use it as a search property or add it to your project explorer screen and sort by it.

Message 3 of 7
Nik_Barbour
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks Chris - I shall look into that option.

Message 5 of 7
mbodnar

Hi

I thought I would try to map the properties in Vault, but when selecting an Inventor part, the Details tab properties do NOT appear.

Has anyone else found the properties from the Details tab?

Regards

Max Bodnar

Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: mbodnar

I don't have 2013, I use 2013 and we don't have a "Details" tab... but I do have a "Physical" tab that contains physical properties of the part... and I don't see those as mappable.  Same thing perhaps?

OKAY, I see what you are looking at now, this is from Windows Explorer... my bad.  But, no I do not see any of those properties in the mapping fields.

Message 7 of 7
mbodnar

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, yes Details tab is only available through windows explorer

I thought the original post indicated that there might be a possibility to map these properties in Vault so they can be visible. That would be very useful

But since these are not visible when trying to map, I cannot see how they can be made visible in Vault

Unless I am missing something

Regards

Max Bodnar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report