Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible cancel check-out

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pavel_JDK
255 Views, 2 Replies

Impossible cancel check-out

Hello,
I have got model from our customer. This model I have used in a top assembly and now I need to load all into Vault.
It's impossible, because there is message to save model. But I can't save model by the reason of it's checked-out to other user.
So I loaded the model into Vault by drag and drop, not by Inventor. It was possible. I can this model check-out, check-in, but I can't save it by the same reason (see attached picture).
Is it purpose to lock the file, or mistake ? Is there any solution ?

Thanks
Pavel
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
polo.zhenshi
in reply to: Pavel_JDK

Hello,
Do you use the same server with your customer? if so, you cannot modify or check in/undo check out the file that checked out to other user. if not, could you check the files attributes(uncheck the Read-only option).
Another way you can try is: open the model and save as another file(may be different file name), then check in to vault and rename back.
Regards,
Polo
Message 3 of 3
Pavel_JDK
in reply to: Pavel_JDK

Hello,
thanks for advice. Copy component is good way.
I used command copy component for whole assembly (the model is assembly) and new copy is OK.
I don't understand the lock - we don't use same server, files aren't read only. But it doesn't matter now.
Regards
Pavel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums