Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly child out of date?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
283 Views, 5 Replies

iAssembly child out of date?

I have an iAssembly that has an iPart as a child. The iPart is checked in and I have done a get latest on the iParts. The iAssembly is checked out. Why does the Vault tree in Inventor highlight the iPart child in red?

Every time I try to save the iAssembly I get a Save window that asks me if I want to save the iPart "Write enable (not checked out from Vault)". I don't think I want to save the file that is checked in because I would then have a newer version on my local than in the Vault. Why am I getting this problem?

Inv 2009 Pro

Regards,
Nathan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I meant to attach this doc with screen captures.

Nathan
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

We have experienced something similar. The cause turned out to be that the parent of the iPart child highlighted in red had been updated (we added a line in the table to generate a new child). All of the children required that we check them out of the Vault, run an update and check them back in.

Dave
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

That just does not sound like a good workflow to me. I am sure you are right, I will have to go check out all of the children and update them. There should be some mehcanism that determines if any rows were modified or if a new row was created. That way I would only have to check out and update files that have actually changed.

Regards,
Nathan
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I agree 100%. Hopefully, someone from Autodesk will read this and offer some insight.

Best,
Dave
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Nathan,

I have some questions for this issue.

1. Did you once modify the iPart factory and check it in Vault?
2. Was the iAssembly opened from Vault?
3. What dialog-box pops up when you open the iAssembly?
4. If you check out the iPart member, save and check the iAssembly (include
the

iPart member) in to vault, then reopen the iAssembly from Vault, will
reproduce this

issue?

If it's permitted, would you please share your data or provide a detailed
workflow

for us to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,
Tony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report