Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create new vault on network file store location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rgruychev
259 Views, 2 Replies

I want to create new vault on network file store location

I want to create new vault on  network file store location , but i have problem. User does not have permisson. How to decide.

Vault 2012 server basic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: rgruychev

that looks like  you don't have the network permissions to write to that directory

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
minkd
in reply to: DarrenP

The "impersonization" user (by default "AutodeskVault") needs access to the network share.  This means you either need to change it to be a domain user and give it full access to the share in question, or you can create a local user on the machine hosting the share with the same name and password as the impersonation user.

The impersonization user is set in the ADMS-Console under "Tools > Administration > Advanced Settings tab > Advanced Configuration Settings.

But beware that you can only put the filestore on a network share.  It is not possible to put the database on a network share - Microsoft SQL will not allow that.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report