Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper V... thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cbenner
1298 Views, 5 Replies

Hyper V... thoughts?

I know this is not officially supported, but I have to ask the question.  IT is moving all of our servers to virtual, using Hyper V.  I'm looking for opinions or advice.  If anyone has had any experience with Vault on Hyper V, good or bad, please share your thoughts?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: cbenner

the only thing i can think of as a bad would be performance

other than that i can't really think of anything else

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
swalton

We have been running on VMWare for years.  No issues. Most of that time has been on Vault Collaboraton 2012.

Vault Pro 2014 with full replication (as of last week, so...) Two sites about 60 miles apart.  1-2 users at my site, 3-4 users at the remote site.

My local site is the publisher on VMWare.  Our remote site is server os is running directly on server hardware.

We do have our reseller do any migrations from release to release.

I am not sure if this helps you with HyperV, though.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: swalton

Thanks for the info!  We've been using VMware for a while as well, but it wasn't put together very well.  We have a new IT professional and he seems to know what he's doing.  He's moving all the servers to Hyper V, in a test environment first, and just wanted to be sure no one had any horror stories with running Vault on it.

Message 6 of 6
ryan

We have customers running Hyper-V (although more run VMware simply because they were around first in the VM space).

Hyper-V will work fine, provided you allocate enough resources to the VM.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report