Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to search for a space? (using vault manufacturing 2010)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Brojefj
269 Views, 2 Replies

how to search for a space? (using vault manufacturing 2010)

Hello my name is Jeff,

We are currently in the middle of a upgrade and some of the files we are migrating have a space between the file name and the extension (example: 123456 .ipt) and I would like generate a list to remove these spaces.

I used to be able to search for a space between the name and extension simply by using the advanced find in vault 2008 and typing in the search of " .ipt" (or any other extension: iam, ipn, idw).

My question is, I am now using vault manufacturing 2010 and I would like to run that same search but it no longer recognizes the space that is entered between the parenthesis and the period.

My guess is that the parentheses no longer work for exact matches like they did in the past but I don't know what else to try. If anyone know what the search criteria should be please let me know thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: Brojefj

Hello Jeff,

This change for search was introduced in Vault 2009 release to provide enhanced capabilities in both flexibility and performance. The value of property will be seperated by several tokens (e.g. 123456 .ipt to be '123456' and 'ipt') per some criteria. Space as well as dot were not treated as searchable punctuation/character and therefore are not contained in the tokens.
See details at http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/the-vault-knows-all.html

So currently Vault 2010 is unable to search for a space, I'll forward your request to our development team to furture consideration.

Regards,

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 3
Brojefj
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Although this was not the answer I was hoping for I do appretate the quick response. And I do hope that your development team considers looking further in to this for future releases of the product. thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums