Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart the file version sequence with each new revision

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Lhann1
334 Views, 2 Replies

How to restart the file version sequence with each new revision

I am new to Vault and we have 2014 installed.

The files in our configuration receive a sequencial version number with each change to a file.  It appears that the version numbers go from 1-99.  What happens when the version reaches 99?  Does it go the three digits or start over.

Also, is there a way to make the version numbering sequence start over whenever a file receives a new revision letter?

If so, how would I configure that.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steveh4
in reply to: Lhann1

Hello Newbie...

The version will continue on to 100, 101, etc.

As for starting over with the version, don't believe that is possible and wouldn't recommend that. As it sounds like you know, a version is created everytime you check a file into Vault, and are not to be confused with Revisions. A Revision is a specific version of a file where the lifecycle state has changed to Released from WIP. I would not attempt to merge these two properties together like I think you want to do. The are separate and should remain separate.

Make sense?

You are at the right place for asking questions, a lot of knowledge here from users and Autodeskers....

Good Luck and keep asking questions,

Steve H.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 3 of 3
Lhann1
in reply to: Lhann1

That answers my question. Thanks for the detailed info!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report