Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find sa password

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1508 Views, 4 Replies

how to find sa password

Dear all

Today I need to import a library to ADMS 2011, but I forget SA password. Do you know how to find it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried the default sa "AutodeskVault@26200"?  Else, I am unsure how you can get the sa password.  You can probably reset it if you set up a mixed SQL environment.  You will probably be prompted to type it in when you do a couple operations inside ADMS Console since it would be a different password.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

as you said I try to default password, but it remain. I think somebody modiy modified it for data security. Do you give a detail solution about it. At the same time I do not know why it need to SA account after launch "import" command. In the past I did directly completed the job through administrator account, never use sa.

Message 4 of 5
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it possible to get a better understanding on what you are trying to do and where the sa prompt is coming from?  Normally I see that when you try to restore a backup from a machine that had a different sa password than the one you are trying to do the restore.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 5
minkd
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

See <http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2009/08/04/sql-server-forgot-the-password-of-username-sa/>.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report