Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid a second Vault login fom custom addin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
constantin_gherasim
353 Views, 4 Replies

How to avoid a second Vault login fom custom addin

Hi everyone,

I’ve just finished an utility that replicates the native Revit command “Insert from file”, but through a Vault login interface and with an improved GUI (see attached pictures) and my boss is really happy with it 🙂

Everything works as expected, except a small detail. So far, it happens that even if I'm connected to the Vault using the native Vault "Log in" interface (the one from the Revit Vault ribbon tab, my utility still pops up the Vault "Log in" dialog box asking the user to login one more time.

More than that, the two logs interfere somehow, so that that when my utility ends and automatically logs off from Vault, does the same to the session initiated through the Revit native Vault "Log in" interface and kicks off the other connection too.

This can be confusing for the users and I would like for my utility either to behave independently from any other Vault connections (with its own login and logoff), either to skip the login step if there's already a connection established to the Vault.

There must be some way to overcome this issue but I don't know where to look for it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Constantin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

1. I would suggest posting this to the Vault Customization forum. You will likely get a better responce to your question.

2. I am curisous as to what value this new command provides that is misssing from the one provided. I am just asking so I can steel your ideas if it somehting that everyone can use. Smiley Wink

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
wayne.brill
in reply to: mikel_martin

Hi,

This blog post has examples for AutoCAD and Inventor that get the loggin of the Vault Add-In.

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/09/autocad-2014-vault-add-in-connection.html

I have not tried this in Revit but it could work their too.

Thanks,

Wayne 

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 5

Hi Mike,

1) Thanks for the suggestion.

2) I thought that my description was kind of self-explanatory, but I would give it another try:

Through the provided original command, one can insert views from another RVT file (source file) located anywhere, but the Vault.

With my command, you can place the source file in the Vault and still be able to open it and get/insert stuff from it.

I saw this as a good opportunity to get initiated into the Vault API and then, because I like nice, good looking, well finished and user friendly GUIs, I thought that I would change it to my taste.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

Constantin

Message 5 of 5

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I will look into it and then provide some feedback.

Regards,

Constantin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report