Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you prevent out of date hardcopy drawings floating around your workshop

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wseaston
502 Views, 4 Replies

How do you prevent out of date hardcopy drawings floating around your workshop

We want all vault users to have the ability to print hardcopy drawings. The problem though is it then becomes almost impossible to control hardcopies. It becomes easy for a vault user to print a drawing and then forget it on a table in the workshop. The drawing then ends up in someones file and is then used to make the component 6 months down then line without the knowledge that there have been 5 revisions to the design in the last 6 months.

How do you prevent something like that happening?

I have an idea but so far it doesn't seem to be viable.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Watermark-all-drawings-with-a-date-stamp-when-printing/...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: wseaston

If you have Vault Workgroup or Collaboration or Professional Edition of Vault you can add Plot Stamp during the Print and also you can add Water Mark using the File Properties. You need to use the command "Plot" to get this done.

Please refer the attached PDF created using Plot command with Print Date Stamp and also the Settings for Plot Stamp from Plot Command.

Hope this helps.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 5
wseaston
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for that info. Now that is exactly what I was trying to do, however, there are still 2 loop holes I can think of.

1.) I noticed that a vault user can still go to the file preview and use print function from the preview window. The printed drawing then has no date stamp.

Is there a way to disable the preview window print button so that all users have to use the plot command from the file menu?

2.) Can any vault user edit the plot option settings or can permissions to thos settings be controlled using user group permissions?

I don't want any user to simply have the ability to go to the plot options dialog and disable the date stamp.

Message 4 of 5
carrie.ruan
in reply to: wseaston

Thanks for posting this issue.

Unfortunately, the answer of the two issues are No. I have logged two wishlist defect for them.

1) There is no method to disable the preview window print button now.

2) The user who can run BPlot command will have the permission to edit the plot option settings.

Regards,

Carrie

Message 5 of 5
mgeurts
in reply to: carrie.ruan

Hello,

Does anybody know how this is solved nowadays or going to be in higher versions of Vault?

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report