Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the Data from Vaul 2013 to Vault 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
241 Views, 3 Replies

How do I get the Data from Vaul 2013 to Vault 2014?

Ok, so the old server had Vault 2013 and it had about 11 gb of data. I have a new server with a fresh install of Vault Basic 2014. I want to know how to get the Data from 2013 to Vault basic 2014? The vault backup includes a "databases" folder, "FileStores" folder, and a backupcontents file.  I tried going to my vault and "restoring" the data  from FileStores but that doesnt work. "attaching" doesn't work either. I have no option avaliable to "migrate" the data. could someone help me with doing this? is it even possible? thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey there,

There is quite a bit of data in the Vault help on the migration process here but this really should be a very simple process.

As you mention you have a valid backup form the 2013 server, you should now simply have to copy this backup to the new server and perform a restore through the ADMS console to Vault 2014 server.

If you are unable to restore you will need to provide some details around the error and if possible log files. There are a number of issues that could prevent a successful restore including incompatible versions of SQL, database size or incompatible Vault servers (You cannot restore a professional database to a basic server) for example.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

I get an incompatible sql version error. The server which i am taking the backup from has SQL server 2008 R2. I tried installing the same SQL version on this new server but that doesn't seem to work. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

and as far as versions go. i made a mistake on my description. the old server says "Autdesk Vault 2012 (server)". the one i have on my new server has Autdesk Vault Basic 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report