Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I transfer data from Vault 2012 server to Vault Basic 2014 server?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lambolover1
366 Views, 4 Replies

How could I transfer data from Vault 2012 server to Vault Basic 2014 server?

I backed up the data from the old server with Vault 2012 server and now i want to restore it to my new server with Vault Basic 2014 Server. They both have the same versions of SQL ( SQL 2008 R2). but for some reason when i try to restor the backup data I get an error message saying, " The database or backup is not compatible with the database server. This error may be caused by restoring or attaching files form a version of SQL Server that is higher than the version of your SQL Server". Could somebody please help me. thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: lambolover1

is the vault 2012 also vault basic or is it Vault Workgroup, Collaboration, or Professional?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
lambolover1
in reply to: DarrenP

It doesn't say, all it says is Vault 2012 server. 

Message 4 of 5
samuel.seah
in reply to: lambolover1

Hi,

Ensure that the SQL for your new server has been patched with the same Service Packs/Updates as the SQL of your old server.

Regards,

Samuel

Message 5 of 5
lambolover1
in reply to: samuel.seah

I made sure that the SQL versions are the same. I installed SQL 2008 R2. still no luck. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report