Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'HOSTNAME' failed remote authentication to 'HOSTNAME'

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wesbird
2452 Views, 7 Replies

Hi, 

I cannot loing my Vault Server. I got the error message:

It works fine till yesterday. I check the server and found IT dept change the machine name, which I think it's same as hostname. I have to talk with them and got it change back. still not working. 

at server, ping IP address, ping hostname, ping localhost all works

at my machine, ping IP address, works, ping hostname NOT

http://<hostname>/AutodeskDM/webclient, I can see the login page. after I click on the Login, got the same error message. 

What's wrong? How to troubleshooting it?

Thank you so much. 

Thanks

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jesseck
in reply to: wesbird

Wes,
Have your IT check DNS and make sure it is reflecting the correct hostname to IP settings. DNS may not be updated if you cannot ping the name from your local system. You can use the 'nslookup' Windows command to query DNS as well.
If you rename the Vault server, you need to run the "connectivity.admsconsole.exe -OSiteRename ..." operation as well - see http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2010/02/how-to-update-vault-with-the-new-server... for more info.
I recommend you start with DNS, and work from there... maybe even try logging into the web client from the server itself (contacting "localhost").
Message 3 of 8
wesbird
in reply to: jesseck

Thank you so much, jesseck. 

I also found, Vault Server, is member of Workgroup, NOT Domain. could this be the reason? I don't remember what it was when it works. 

I'm not good at network/admin. Thank you for your help

Wes

Message 4 of 8
jesseck

That could also be a problem if the server was on the domain before. The past of least resistance may be to take an existing backup and restore to a new install.
To keep moving ahead, though, I would concentrate getting the Vault Server to talk to itself - i.e. log into the web client from the server successfully. ADMS also has a troubleshooting option, that basically runs the pre-checks again. Use that tool to help identify if there are server-side issues.
Message 5 of 8
wesbird

Hi Jesseck:

I ask our IT to add HOSTNAME to dns server, now I can ping HOSTNAME from my machine. when I try Vault client and webclient at server, still the same error message 

Any idea what could go wrong? 

Thank you so much

Wes

Message 6 of 8
jesseck

Try running the ADMS Server Console diagnostics from the server itself... that will help figure out if there is something on the back end.  The Vault logs, specifically the Filestore log and v-log, will help point out problems as well.  Now that you can ping from your client, can you connect to Vault?

Message 7 of 8
wesbird

Thank you, jesseck:

I found 

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635387328548880601 )
Exception: SiteSigninError [8004] (BJCVAULT, BJCVAULT)

in the vlog, and google it, 

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2013/12/sitesigninerror-8004.html

follow instruction:

1. Delete SiteConfiguration.xml from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Configuration
2. Perform an IIS reset.
3. Try your command again.

it works. 

wes

Message 8 of 8
jesseck

Nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report