Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide items folder in thin client?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mark.cloyed
630 Views, 3 Replies

Hide items folder in thin client?

When using thin client in VP2015R2, I am seeing the item master folder, even though I am not using items.  Is there a way to turn that off?  I believe the old client hid that folder when items weren't used in the vault, but I do not see that setting as hiding the folder link.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zongjie.ng
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Hi Mark,

Currently, the behavior is that it follows the permissions given to the roles an user has. So, please ensure that your user are only given the required roles, such as Document Consumer, Doucment Editor Level 1, or Document Editor Level 2 if you only wants them to be able to see Project Explorer in Thin Client. This can be changed under the Administration, Global Settings dialog in ADMS or Vault Thick Client.

To see what permissions each role has, there is a "Roles" button under the Global Settings dialog that shows the roles and permissions details.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask. I hope this helps to answer your question.

Message 3 of 4
mark.cloyed
in reply to: zongjie.ng

That is interesting, while not MY expected behavior.  In the old web client, turning off items in the configuration would then not show the item master folder.  I am an administrator, so I automatically have item permissions.  If I log in as guest without item permissions, the folder is indeed not there.  Thanks for clarifying that.  I will submit an IdeaStation request to enhance this.

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Mark,  I looked at your request on the IdeaStation however I don't understand why the Administrator shouldn't be able to see the Item Master.  Remember this user is the administrator for the entire Vault.  If he can't see the Item Master in the Thin Client, he will not be able to configure it.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report