Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Vault setup - Data Management Services?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
307 Views, 1 Reply

Help! Vault setup - Data Management Services?

I searched this topic but I'm still confused. I downloaded student trial versions of software from Autodesk (Inventor, Vault). I'm trying to set up Vault so I can learn it. I got as far as I could using the "Autodesk Autoloader 2015 For Vault" tool. It seemed to be going nicely and then when I thought I was done and clicked on "OK" I got the error message: "Autoloader could not find the Data Management Services on local host". I've searched this topic and I am as confused as ever. Please help me!? Somebody!? Anybody!?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Keith, I'll try and be somebody anybody.  And that's weird, I typed out a big reply and when I posted... it was empty! Brilliant.

First question was have you installed the Autodesk Data Management Server (ADMS) on a PC or server? That's the program which hosts Vault, and requires SQL and IIS etc.  If you don't have ADMS installed anywhere, the Autoloader will say it can't find the data management services.

Secondly, if you do have ADMS installed and you're pointing the Autoloader to the right PC/server name, it could be blocked by a firewall and/or anti-virus, or an issue somewhere within IIS.  But first if you could confirm you've installed ADMS and which version (2015?), that would be a good place to start.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report