Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help installing VAULT 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sistcon
318 Views, 6 Replies

Help installing VAULT 2014

Hi, we recently buy a suit with Inventor 2014, and it came with the Vault 2014. 

I has been looking for a easy tutorial on how get the Vault working, but everything I can find seems that it needs to be use for a profesional in network managment..

We are a small company so we dont have any IT staff.. So I tried to installed myself, but I really dont know what I am doing.. I believe I managed to install Vault and SQL.. but I dont know how to move on.. 

I want to install VAULT SERVER in my OWN machine and use it like a server while I am still able to work in it.. and let another machine in the LAN network to acces the vault. Is this possible?

Please if anyone can help me I will be very glad.

I look in this forum and others, read the Implementation guide, but as I said I am not from IT.

We use Win 7-64-

Thanks

Leandro

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: sistcon

Let's take it one step at a time.  You state that you have it installed on your workstation, you think, can you open the Autodesk Vault Data Management Console?  This should be an icon on your desktop.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
sistcon
in reply to: ihayesjr

Yes, I can Open it. Also I could check in and check out some components from Inventor Vault ribbon. But this only in a single Vault proyect and only for my workstation.. 

I want to create a Vault to be visible in my Lan network from others and install the server in my own workstation

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
johannes.bauer

Hi Leandro,

So I understand correctly, that you are able to login with the Vault Client to your local Workstation, right?

You can now go on and install a Vault Client on the Machine of your colleague.

After the installation completes open it and type in the name of your workstation to login.

You might want to create users in the ADMS Console on your Workstation to personalize the login.

If this is not working you can go to your machine and "Start / Run / CMD" 

From the black window you can type ipconfig /all which should show you your IP Adress.

You can use also this number from the workstation of your colleague to try and connect.

You can also find useful information in the Vault Help here for installation and Administration.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 5 of 7
sistcon
in reply to: johannes.bauer

Thanks Jhons for the info..

If I put my Own IP in my Own machine to enter Vault I can do it with no problems.. But when I try to do the same in another machine the Vault coudnt find the server.

This is my problem, I dont if the vault server is running in my NET.

Thanks again 

Message 6 of 7
johannes.bauer

Hi Leandro,

What is the error message there?
From the other machine:
Start/Run/CMD and type:
ping <IP Adress from your machine>
what does this return?

Does your machine has windows firewall enabled? If yes try disabling it.
Thanks.

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 7 of 7
sistcon
in reply to: johannes.bauer

Problem solved..

I disable the windows firewall and then I could open vault from the other machine.. I enable the firewall again assuming that the problem would be back, but it not.. Now I can open vault with the Windows firewall active..

I have to make some more test but now will be more easy now that vault is working

Thanks for your time Joahnnes 

Now I will read how to use the vault properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report