Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems logging into vault 2012 for the first time.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1602 Views, 8 Replies

Having problems logging into vault 2012 for the first time.

Having Vault issues, 

After installing Inventor 2012 for the import capability from Solidworks 2012 which didn't work. The vault 2012 download seemed to fail so I when back to Inventor 2011 only to find it no longer wanted to check my files in or out from Inventor 2011 and any files I update appear red no mater what I do. Found there was a vault 2012 icon on my desktop so the download must have worked so I tried it but have no clue of what the password is. It seem but installing vault 2012 goofed up access to vault 2011 from Inventor 2011 now I am stuck in limbo.

Anyone know what the first time log in password for vault 2012 is? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RohnXian-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Betty,

Thanks for your posting.

Please note that you need a Vault server 2012 if you want log into vault 2012. And the default password is blank for Administrator.

Thanks

Rohn

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Yes Vault server is install to the best of my knowledge, this is all stored on the same machine as this is a one man office. However it appears I do need vault to rename and do copy designs.

After installing 2012 then clicking on the link to download it. Why it was not included with Inventors jump drive is beyond me, don't like downloading software. The link started downloading then said it will take 10 hours. It was at it for three before canceling the download but it still appeared as an icon on my desktop so the download must have worked but the download screen was just stuck. When clicked to opened it entered my initials automaticly and wanted a password. When I click on it without entering a password the error reads:

Autodesk Vault 2012 is not compatible with the localhost hosting the following server application: Vault Server Version 15.2.66.0

It would be nice if you could cut and paste these error but you can't you have to retype them and it would be nice to have the print material as you can't read the screen instruction material and used the computer to install and tweak the settings at the same time either.

So now it seems I can't go back to 2011's vault as it is not working proper. It keeps echoing my directories deeper on my hard drive, if I check something out of vault to edit it, it shows up as an x in inventor 2011 as being check out by someone else and it will not let me check it out diectly from Inventor. FYI: Hate this yearly upgrades nonsense as it waste more time than it ever seems to saves as you spend the whole year downloading patches to fix it and just as you get it working right they putout a new copy with more stuff to tweak...

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

FYI: Vault 2011 was working just find before installing Inventor 2012.

Message 5 of 9
karthur1

There are two components to Vault.  One is the server component and the other is the client.  not sure which one you installed.  Here is where you can download both.

http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=16688578

I'm with you on having to download software.. it sux.  The two components are over 4Gig. Dont know if it would have fit on the jump drive or not, but they could have left off some of the other fluff and included this necessary component.

If you still have ADMS 2011 installed, if you have not already made a backup of your vault...  you should, just in case something goes wrong.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

I have both the client and the server installed but I am stil at a loss for two things.

1. What is the default first time loging password? I keep getting Autodesk Vault 2012 is not compatible with local hosting the following server applications: Vault Server version 15.2.66.0 which when googled say one of the reason is incorrect password.

2. How do you back up and migrate the vault 2011 database? Searched for that and got nothing.

Message 7 of 9
Andy.Spivey

The error is stating that you are trying to use the 2012 client to login to a 2011 server.  Only the 2012 client can connect to the 2012 server and 2011 client to the 2011 server.

For backup and migration, from the vault server console, go to Tools and select backup.  Then simply install the 2012 server - when you launch the 2012 sever it will prompt for migration.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Thanks but why does it not say that? Think it would be a little easier to understand than the error message it gave. So what is the first time user password?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Just spent over an hour downloading both client and server only to find I didn't have enough room on my c: partition, clear it off to install client only to find it is the data management server for 2012 that I don't have. Download the server software from the link only to find it is incompatible with windows 7 64bit. I've been at this for well over five hours and I am tired. All this because Inventor 11 unexpectedly decided to stop running, it just sits and spins. These updates are getting out of hand, why is inventor not downward compatible? Why upgrades every year? By the time I have it running correctly I have to do this dance tweaking the system again..augh..

Don’t take this personal but why could Autodesk not include a disk of software for the price of an upgrade? Why when they did send the memory sick I personally requested it took three months after release to arrive and why did it not include vault? If the dealer offer install service I would have been happy to pay them to install but again...to get the dealer to offer help a one man operation is zero to none. Yes help can be had for 190 an hour but they don't advertise what services they offer. No specials, not flyers, no e-mails. Been using Autodesk products since version 2.15 and this is not like the old days. Have yet to meet a sales person face to face and they don't advertise class’s at all anymore. The tech school here in Green Bay does not offer advanced classes, only basic Inventor. Autodesk you’re losing out to other 3D software company’s. Most of my clients have gone to solid works or solid edge because
of the training availability...Knowledge and easy of use is the power...not offering a bunch of internet searching for answers and two hour downloads.
Then typed my little heart out, went to post this only to have your website close in mid letter for maintenance…boom lost letter….and why is it when I hit reply to topic it requires me to log in? Then when I do log in it sends me back to the beginning and my topic is gone once logged in?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report