Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware / purchased parts common across Projects - Unwanted relation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CAD-One
150 Views, 1 Reply

Hardware / purchased parts common across Projects - Unwanted relation

I have a imported iges file (opened & saved as .ipt). This is purchased part and has been used across projects. Say, for this discussions, I have assly1, assly2 and assly3. I have used the purchased part in all these 3 projects.

Each of these asslys have sub-assemblies, parts with their .idws.

All of these are in the vault. I right click the top level drawing for assly2 and Get/checkout. On the dialog, I played with the include dependents/include parents options. Also in settings there is a include related documents.

QUESTION : Why does is it pull the drawings from the Assly1 & Assly3?

I expect parts & sub asslys along with their drawings for assly2 ONLY.

I tried unchecking the include related documents in settings. It would remove drawings for parts/sub assys in Assly2 also.

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottmoyse
in reply to: CAD-One

do you have the indirect parents option ticked? Although this shouldn't affect it anyway. 

I might expect the behaviour you are talking about if you have the purchased part selected/highlighted at the same time as Assy2 for Get/Checkout.

The other thing is, and forgive me for suggesting it, but are you sure the idw doesn't contain Assy1 & Assy3 as well?

To be honest it seems strange, i have wanted a similar workflow to what you describe and its not possible. Can you zip up the folders and files concerned and upload them here?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report