Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting latest version of idw from command line

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kevin
194 Views, 8 Replies

Getting latest version of idw from command line

Hi
I am looking for a command line prompt that will enable me to get the latest version of idw's from vault from DOS.
I am looking to do a batch "get latest version" of all parts and assemblies based on the BOM in an inventor assembly - which I can already get into exel - without the tedious operation of having to individually sift through Inventor explorer and select in task scheduler.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Madhan_T
in reply to: kevin

Hi,

Could you please let me know if you have issues with getting latest version on the TOP level assembly from VE or from Task-scheduler. Actually, this would download all sub-assemblies and parts. Perhaps, I may have misunderstood the exact requirement. I would be glad to help you if I understand this better.

Regards,

Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
kevin

No problem getting latest versions of all parts and assemblies from VE at all.
What I need is to get latest versions of all associated idw's relating to all the sub-assemblies and parts.
In VE, I can individually select each part/assembly, look at used in and see the idw's and get the latest versions.
But this is tedious and time consuming, especially with diffferent BOMs and plenty of components.
If VE would allow me to include all parents, including all idw's instead of only ipt's, this would solve the problem.

I need a simple and easy way to get all associated idw's related to all sub-parts/assy's. If there is a command line that I can use, then I could possibly use VB or exe file of some sort.
Message 4 of 9
Madhan_T

Hi,

I will check this for you and update you.

Does the excel file has information about the path of the files?

Regards,

Madhan

Edited by: Madhan_T_autodesk on Nov 19, 2008 7:29 PM

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
kevin

Thanks.
The exel spreadsheet can be produced with individual path locations. I have those locations.
Although the inventor parts and odw's are not in the same folders, I can get them shifted across into the same folder. Unless there is a command that automatically finds the associated idw.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Hi,

I
have just realized that there is a simple option that helps to get the parent
IDW files. I hope this helps.

Please select all the files in
under "Uses" tab and go to "Get latest version" in that dialog select "Settings"
and enable "Include Parents". This would bring all the IDW files associated with
the Part files. Please refer the attached image for reference.

If
you have further questions, please let me
know

Regards,

Madhan

face=Calibri> 

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Thanks.
The exel spreadsheet can be produced with individual path locations. I have
those locations. Although the inventor parts and odw's are not in the same
folders, I can get them shifted across into the same folder. Unless there is a
command that automatically finds the associated idw.
Message 7 of 9
kevin

Thanks Madhan
Gave it a try - is far easier but will either get too many or too few of all the components I need.
For the moment - I reckon this will work - if you can find the command line prompt for get latest version, would really appreciate it for future reference.
Thanks again.
Message 8 of 9
Madhan_T

Hi,

You are welcome. Please send me the sample excel file to me (madhanagopal DOT t AT autodesk DOT com). I will check if I can help you with command line utility.

Regards,

Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-SG">Another
Option..

style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-SG">

style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-SG"> 

style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-SG">You
may specify the PART files separated by "OR" operator in "Advanced
Find" dialog and select all the files for "Get latest version" including
parents. Please refer the attached image.

style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-SG">Regards,

style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-language: EN-SG">Madhan

size=2>

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Thanks
Madhan Gave it a try - is far easier but will either get too many or too few
of all the components I need. For the moment - I reckon this will work - if
you can find the command line prompt for get latest version, would really
appreciate it for future reference. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report