Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Previous version in Vault Basic

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CDemarest
416 Views, 2 Replies

Get Previous version in Vault Basic

What is the process to Get Previous Version with Vault Basic 2014?  If I select Get/CheckOut for a file with previous versions, the only version that I can check from the history is the latest version.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
minkd
in reply to: CDemarest

You can either download (without checking it out) the version you want and then checkout the file without downloading it; or you checkout the file without downloading it, and then get the historical version without checking it out. I think the latter is probably less error prone. Either way you will end up with a checked-out file where the file in your workspace is the historical version. -Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: CDemarest

To "Get Previous", select the file like you did in the first screen shot.  You will not be able to check the box like you show in the second screen shot b/c it is not the latest version. Only the latest version can be checked out from Vault Explorer. If you want to check-out a version other than the latest, you first get latest from Vault and select the version you want, then go to inventor and check it out from there.

Hope that helps,

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report