Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Latest Question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
280 Views, 5 Replies

Get Latest Question

When I do a get latest version, does it make a difference if I do it from the top window or the bottom window?  Shouldnt I get the latest version regardless?

2011-06-22_0849.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Here is a screen shot from a different assembly, that shows what I am seeing.  This causes problems because if I use the lower window for the get latest and then open the files in Inventor, many times there are errors and red dots in the Vault browser because I am using the wrong version.

Why is there a difference in the files that Vault gets when I do a get latest?

Get_Latest_Differences.png

Message 3 of 6
luttena

Hello. Thank you for posting this issue. Your images are indicating that select 'Get/Checkout' from the main grid (top screen) is actually getting the latest versions of all your files (correct behavior). You can tell by the 'Select Version' field. When downloading from the Where Used tab, you are getting that version of the assembly and all of the versions consumed by that version of the assembly (not necessarily the latest). This is also indicated in the 'Select Version' field because you can see there is a specific version listed. I will be passing this on to the development team.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: luttena

@ADAM.Luttenbacher wrote:

...You can tell by the 'Select Version' field. When downloading from the Where Used tab, you are getting that version of the assembly and all of the versions consumed by that version of the assembly (not necessarily the latest). This is also indicated in the 'Select Version' field because you can see there is a specific version listed....

Adam,
From the main grid, the files listed that will be downloaded are for the "Latest" version. This assembly it is at Version 9. In the where used tab, the files listed there are for version 9 of the assembly. I dont understand why there is a difference between the "Latest" and version 9.  They should be the same, right?

Kirk

Message 5 of 6
luttena

Not necessarily. Version 9 of the assembly may not consume the latest versions of all of its components. If there are newer versions of some parts that have not been loaded by the assembly file, then you will get different results if you are looking specifically at version 9 or at the latest of all files.

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
minkd
in reply to: luttena

For example, when F3013-C855 version 9 was checked in, it was referencing (either directly or indirectly thru a sub-assembly) HexNut.ipt version 57.  However, since then a new HexNut.ipt was checked-in (version 58).

If you select a specific version of the assembly from the bottom grid (in this case version 9), it will get the dependencies that it had at the time is was checked in. So for HexNut.ipt that would be version 57.

If you select the "LATEST" it will get the latest of the selected assembly as well as the latest version of any of its dependents.

Hope this helps,

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report