Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firewall and license

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wesbird
553 Views, 4 Replies

firewall and license

Hi, 

I'm evaluating the Vault right now, please forgive me if I ask question already answered. I tried google first already. 

When we install Vault, it will run behind company’s firewall, is it possible to access it out of firewall (work from home), even further behind another firewall (from client site)?

Another one is about license, if I login, checkout drawing or whatever, then I logout, can I still working with the drawing in AutoCAD. I try to save some license if possible. 

Thanks 

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: wesbird

When we install Vault, it will run behind company’s firewall, is it possible to access it out of firewall (work from home), even further behind another firewall (from client site)?

for this you would have to setup some sort of VPN connection

Another one is about license, if I login, checkout drawing or whatever, then I logout, can I still working with the drawing in AutoCAD. I try to save some license if possible. 

once you log out of vault the vault license should be returned

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
m.mees
in reply to: DarrenP

You can continue working on that drawing as normaly a local copy of that drawing is generated when downloading it from Vault.

Regards.

Marco

Message 4 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: m.mees

Hi Marco,
Yes, if the file is checked out from Vault and copied to a working folder that is accessible to the machine that has it checked out, the file will be available for modification until it is checked back in.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: r.smith1

yes you could do that

but i am assuming they would like to check in/out of vault outside of the firewall

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report