Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out who's got a Vault License *SOLVED*

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Mario-Villada
3955 Views, 29 Replies

Find out who's got a Vault License *SOLVED*

Hi All,

I have seen many people coming across this situation so I wanted to share this apllication with you.

there are a few tools on the web that tell you how many vault licences are being used but they don't tell you who have them. So I followed the approach used by Michael in this thread : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Who-has-a-licence/m-p/3334645/highlight/true#M40739 to develop my own solution to this.

This application was developed in Delphi.  it reads the information in the Log files from Vault and tells you who has the license. It can be used for two types of users:

1. If you have acces to the machine running Vault Server, just run this software in that machine. although check first if the folder containing the log files is correct. (see This Blog)

2. If you don't have access to the Vault Server, then ask your IT Guy to create an automated windows task to copy the log files in a shared network location. Then run the software by changing the folder to that network location.

Since this file size is not supported on this dsicussion group, I could not upload it here, but you can downloaded from this link : Dowload

I have used this tool In Vault 2013 and 2014 english versions only, I am not sure if it works in other versions or languages. please  comment if it does.

I would love to hear comments.

One request though: KUDOS If you like and use this tool.

Enjoy.

Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Mario-Villada
in reply to: DRudaz

Thanks to Dom's assistance I am happy to publish a French Version of my tool.

It can be downloaded it from :   Mario's Vault Licence French Version

Please don't forget to give kudos if you use this tool.

Regards,

Mario.

Message 22 of 30
steveh3
in reply to: Mario-Villada

There always seems to be a descrency. Your utility is always on the low side. Says we have some licenses available when actually we don't.

We are running AVFS at one facility and it's seems that they are always the ones getting trying to get a license when we are maxed out.

Here's the logs I think you might need as well as a screen shot.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Again, THANKS for this awesome app!!!!

Best regards,

Steve Hilvers

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 23 of 30
Mario-Villada
in reply to: steveh3

Steve,

I had a quick look at your log files and I noticed that 2 licences have been issued to the same User, please see the snapshot, You might want to have a look into that.

Message 24 of 30
Mario-Villada
in reply to: steveh3

I also did a manual check on the sample log file you sent, it also reports these 4 additional users acquired and then released a licence: mattw, steveh, kevink and andym. I am not sure if this information is useful for you, in any case the tool is reporting consistent results as per the log file, or at least the way I think it should be interpreted.

Hope this helps.

Message 25 of 30
chong.wt

Hi Mario,

This is such a great tool!

By the way, can it remember the last folder location so that we don't need to change the folder location everytime?

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 30
Mario-Villada
in reply to: chong.wt

That is a good point!, I will have to look into that. in the meantime, I uploaded a new version where you can type the location directly, or you can copy and paste the folder location. You could have a text file with the folder path in it, and copy and paste it into the folder location field within the app. It also accepts network paths. You can download it from the usual link above but for convenience I am repeating the download link here:

http://1drv.ms/1mTd3y0 

Don't forget kudos!

All the best.

Mario.

Message 27 of 30
tucai.admin

I was having also the apparent bad list of licenc(s)es with v1.3 due to not guessing to scroll up the list. I just downloaded v1.5 and it works perfect now, great work!

I use Vault Professional 2011 in English.

Thank you very much again, Mario!!

Kudos given!

Message 28 of 30

Hi Mario

Thanks so much for this, I can't believe this hasn't been implemented by Autodesk yet. I've already found this tool so useful however I seem to have found a small bug in the program. It will correctly read who has a license but will not remove them from the list when a Releasing license or a Releasing inactive license comes up in the log. It therefore tells me that I have more licences in use than we actually have and that the same user has multiple licenses.

Many thanks again for this program

Message 29 of 30

Just to let everyone know, Vault 2016 now allows you to use the license manager to find out who currently has a license.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 30 of 30
DarrenP
in reply to: ihayesjr

i can confirm that Flex LM for Vault 2016 gives you the vault username and IP address of the computer that is currently logged in

you can also use the options file to reserve licenses for users or groups

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums