Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Files in my Workspace that are not in the Vault!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sgwilliams
678 Views, 1 Reply

Find Files in my Workspace that are not in the Vault!

I have a question that one of our engineers asked today "How do I find Files that are in my Workspace but have not been added to the Vault." I could not answer him, I myself would like to know how to acheive this. Is there a compare or sync tool that is available? I did some researching in the discussion groups and found only one reference back in 2006 and the same question was asked but a solid answer was never acheived. I would like to know if Autodesk has decided to make this a feature in the Vault software or if we are on our own? I know a little VB and could spend lots of company time to do something that should already be part of the package. I use other document management software and they have this feature, why does Autodesk Vault not have it?

Our currently used software is Autodesk Inventor Series 2009 and Autodesk Vault 2009, We are in the process of upgrading to 2011 but have no yet started the project, we have to go thru the differences in the API before we make the change because our ERP system is integrated with the Vault & Inventor Software.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Work Station : Custom built, Liquid Cooled, Asus Pro WS X570-ACE Motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor; ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 V2 OC Edition Video Card; 32 GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR4-2132 Memory ; Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Drive.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mikel_martin
in reply to: sgwilliams

There is a command in Vault Workgroup (and above) called Workspace Sync.

This can show you files that are in the workspace and compare them to what is in the Vault.

It will also allow you to refresh any files that are out of date.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report