Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files could not be added o the Vault (could not be resolved)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
1951 Views, 3 Replies

Files could not be added o the Vault (could not be resolved)

There is an IPT file that consist of the only Derived element with link supressed (not broken).

Inventor Vault refuses to upload it to Vault with message:

"Check in Error.

Your files could not be added o the Vault for the following reasons:

The following files cannot be resolved. You must first resolve these files before they can be added:

TES_CBdet_PlastIns_1(50).ipt"

Yes I don't have the file mentioned at my HDD (other man have created it and placed it to vault to the folder where I don't have access).

If we read Vault Help (http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-19C11B6E-C830-409F-87D6-F2C4990472B9) it says:

"Increased Check-in Efficiency

In response to major requests from users in previous releases, new check-in settings will allow the user to scan the current project or model folder for related documentation including idw, dwg, and ipn files.

This was viewed as a major productivity enhancement for users who do not regularly check in their design documentation as they create it.

In addition to associated files, the new release will also allow users to check in assemblies with components not loaded into memory. Users are now seamlessly able to add assemblies with suppressed parts or alternate levels of detail."

So I'd rather expect Vault allow me to check in such files but it doesn't.

Another software defect?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

First, you don't mention what version of Vault this is, or service packs and updates.

Second, let me get this straight... you're checking in an Inventor assembly that has an unresolved component.  This component does not exist on your hard drive?  Vault is supposed to "allow the user to scan the current project or model folder"... does this file exsit within your current project or model folder?  Because it sounds as if it does not if I read you right.

Just trying to understand the progression here....

Message 3 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: cbenner

Sorry for lack of info in initial post. Software used is "2014 release with all actual updates". To be more precise:
- Vault Pro 2014, SR1, SP1.
- Inventor 2014, SP1, Update3.

I'm checking-in IPT file (not IAM).
First element of the IPT is Derived Component. The link to base component was suppressed (don't misunderstand with permanent break link).
I don't have the base component file on my HDD now but I still expect Vault allow me to upload the file (see the help statement mentioned).
Message 4 of 4
tahdesign1
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

The one thing I see that does not match up here is the help file your are talking about says you can check in Assemblies with suppressed components.

What you are trying to do is check in a derived part with it's base element suppressed and not present in your environment.

These two situations are not the same.

An assembly file is nothing more than a group of references to exterior files so I can see where they can make the Vault ignore the suppression of some of the parts.

However, a derived part file is directly dependant on the file it was derived from IF the link has not broken. Suppressed or not the Vault will see that dependancy. The suppression of the link does not remove the files dependancy upon it, it only make the file not update to the parent part. Sure you can open this part on your HDD without the parent parts being present because IV does not need to look to update from it. However, checking something into the vault it will looked at the files associations to make sure they are vaild before going in.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report