Vault General Discussion

Active Contributor
cardis
Message 1 of 2 (98 Views)

File version not updating

98 Views, 1 Replies
10-05-2009 09:39 AM
I have an autocad drawing that is linked to one item and is an attachment for several other items. The attachment is not pinned to a certain file version. With all of the items in a work in progress state, the autocad file was revised. When an update was run on all of the items the file version updated on the item that is linked, but did not update on the items where the file is an attachment. I am using AVM2010. This failure to update did not happen when I used 2009. I can get the version to update if I open the items individually and save them.

I haven't installed the hot fix that addresses other item update problems. This particular problem wasn't mentioned, but maybe it is worth trying. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Steve.
Active Contributor
joyce.sheng
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: File version not updating

10-09-2009 12:20 AM in reply to: cardis
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback.

I've sent this issue to the design team. And you are right, the workaround is to invoke attachment dialog to perform a update.

Regards,
Joyce
Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.