Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Status not shown in COs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark.cloyed
238 Views, 2 Replies

File Status not shown in COs

Today I noticed that a file's checked out status is not shown in a change order in Vault Pro 2014.  If I view the file in the folders, it shows as checked out.  If I view it in the CO dialor, it looks like it's checked in, with one exception.  If I have it checked out, it shows the bold, blue font for me.  For everyone else, it shows the standard black font, in both the records and files tabs.  Is this a defect in the software?

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mark.cloyed
in reply to: mark.cloyed

I am requesting an update on this question.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior, and is it expected behavior or cause for further inquiry?

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: mark.cloyed

I think you've discovered a defect.  Although I suspect Autodesk would say this is 'as designed'.  

This is the behaviour in 2015, the file below NC6655.ipt is currently checked out to the user 'Administrator'.  The visuals are different to how you're describing in 2014, but this is still incorrect feedback being shown.

This is what the Administrator user sees on the ECO:

Admin.png

This is what any other user sees on the ECO, the file is still checked out to the Administrator account:

Me.png

There is no visual feedback at all.  The circle is purely the local file status, the remaining cells do not reflect the checkout status of the file even for the user who has the file checked out.

This needs to be escalated for review.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report