Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sharing by different servo user???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
154 Views, 1 Reply

File Sharing by different servo user???

Dear all,

I am a single user in Singapore, with one servo ( simply use to save my data) and my colleagues in US , with another Servo ( all the drawings and files are located in) , I am able to access and log in the vault through VPN, (speed is quite low), I will face the problem when I open an assembly drawing I got from the vault, I will find some parts unresolved, then it will begin to search the folder-hardware which located in US side servo, and results in making my PC down. does anyone know what I should do to let both my colleagues and I share the files easily ? Any other setup we need to do or there is anything we miss out, especially for our Singapore office?

Thanks with best regards!
Jzhao
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jzhao,

The best solution here is to look at site replication, this works by storing the file data in one database on one site (US Server) and then "replicating" the filetore at both sites.

In most cases you would set the Vault to replicate overnight (or window between US finishing and you starting the day) so when you start work you have all the latest files locally - no need to copy them across the network live. (It will resolve missing files between the sites on demand as well)

Unfortunately this functionality is ONLY AVAILABLE in Productstream, NOT Vault, you should speak to your reseller about what is involved in order to move to this type of system.

Hope this helps,

Allan (Autodesk)

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report