Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Attachments unavailable when viewing Work-in Progress items with webclient

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mthomas
360 Views, 5 Replies

File Attachments unavailable when viewing Work-in Progress items with webclient

We want to limit our non-engineering people so that they can only see a select few folders within Vault using the web / thin client. They also need unlimited access to the item master.

The way it is configured now they have no issues when viewing a released item to access the attachments and look at the files, most importantly the drawings. However when they look at items that are in the WIP state the Attachments display as Unavailable.

The Webclient configuration is set so that they can view files and items and the view only released option is toggled OFF for both items and files.I don't understand why they can see the attachments on released items but not WIP items? Nothing in the configuration of the webclient should be preventing this

Mike Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: mthomas

Mike,

Forgive me, but I am getting confused on the term "attachments".

I am an administrator at my company and I know how to give access to users

to certain folders that contain drawings, parts and assemblies.  I just don't understand

what you mean by this term.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
mthomas
in reply to: Cadmanto

From within the webclient if I view an item I am presented with 4-sections: General, Bill of Materials, Where Used, and Attachments. When I click on attacments I am presented with all of the associated files on the item.

These typically would be the CAD files and would be the same list of files shown in the "associated files" section on the General tab when viewing items from the Vault "thick" client

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

Ok, I think I understand.  First I believe you are using a different version of vault then I am.  I am using workgroup and this is what I see.

vault.PNG

Obviously this is different then what you are seeing.

If this is the case I have no experience with anything other then vault workgroup.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 6
mthomas
in reply to: Cadmanto

ahhh yes, I am using Vault Professional 2013 SP1, I should have specified this

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

Makes sense now.  I was just told the other day we are looking to upgrade to vault pro.

I am looking forward to it.

Sorry I couldn't help more.  Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report